Healthy Pancake Recipe
Pancake day has arrived! Possibly one of the best days of the year! However, 2 pancakes with butter and syrup contains 520 calories which makes it is not so good for those waistlines! Don’t let Shrove Tuesday derail your nutrition goals for the week. Pursuit Fitness Training is here to guide, support and encourage you to opt for those healthier options, whilst not missing out on all the fun. Try our healthy alternative below.
1 Serving contains 283 calories, 13.5 grams of protein, 42.6 grams of carbohydrates and 7.6 grams of fat (before toppings).
This recipe is great for the whole family including being a huge hit with the kids! By opting for healthier toppings you are also avoiding many processed and added sugars in return for boosting vitamins, minerals and antioxidants! For extra protein, you can also add chia seeds which will add to the texture or use Whey Protein powder instead. This breakfast favorite works equally well for deserts too.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes – Cooking Time: 5 Minutes – Servings: 2 (Small)
This will make 5 pancakes:
- 1 Medium Banana,
- 2 Large Eggs,
- 75g of Oats,
- ¼ Tsp of Cinnamon (to taste).
- Begin by mashing the banana in a bowl with a fork,
- Crack two eggs in a separate bowl and whisk,
- Add the eggs and oats (blitz in a blender if you’d like a smoother texture), cinnamon and mix all the ingredients together.
- Add coconut oil or cooking spray to a pan on a medium heat,
- Spoon 4 lots of mixture so that the mix spreads to about 4 inches in diameter,
- Cook until lightly golden and flip to cook the other side.
- Serve with fresh berries and a small drizzle of honey, maple syrup or greek yogurt for a creamier finish.
- And Voila!